Saturday, 7pm to 10pm (ET)
Recessions bore through the American economy like monsoons; vaguely predictable (market bubbles always end in bursts), economically violent and messy in the aftemath, and our current recession is no different, EXCEPT this time the pain is profoundly deep and being leveraged by those who have most profited to further weaken the system in their own self interest. Real conservationists and progressives have the opportunity to rebuild on a far better footing.
Yet with corporatists at the helm of a weak government working against wage hikes and government assistance of all types, what can we do to rebuild our jobs and communities?
Turn to cooperative business models (for a start)! Join me today for a look into how they create real wealth that stays in the hands of workers and within communities from 1940’s Spain to 2010’s Cleveland, Ohio!
8P: Hour Two: TED HOWARD continued.
9P: Hour Three: Editor-in Chief of progressive online mainstay BUZZFLASH, MARK KARLIN joins me for our first interview looking at progressive malaise– its causes and downside effects– and how we need to rethink the progressive movement today.
- Worker-Owned, Industrial-Size, Environmentally Sound Business Rises Up | Economy | AlterNet
- Community-Wealth.org: Wealth-Building Strategies for America’s Communities
- Cleveland’s Future with Worker-Owned and Cooperative Businesses by Gar Alperovitz, Ted Howard and Steve Dubb
- Evergreen Cooperatives focused on creating jobs, money, within communities
- ShoreBank – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Bank Rules Could Sink Community Development VC Funds – Venture Capital Dispatch – WSJ
- Evergreen Cooperatives Introductory Video
- The BRAD BLOG : Breitbart Lied About ACORN ‘Pimp’ Videos When Selling Story in His Own Washington Times Column
- James O’Keefe and the myth of the ACORN pimp | Media Matters for America
- Quick Fact: Beck advances myth that stimulus bill is not working | Media Matters for America
- Conservative Activist Says Tea Party Movement Needs “Reverence to God” | RD Blog: The Devil’s Advocate | ReligionDispatches